Sunday, January 19, 2014

BEING A PART OF SOMETHING.....

BEING A PART OF SOMETHING.....

I've been playing basketball from 2nd standard. Now it is an inseparable part of my life. But pretty much every player has his day of feeling like "stones tied to their legs." You just don't want to practice and instead have some rest. It so happened that the Annual District (Zonals) matches were going on and I was in Manali. My match was next day. I didn't want to play but my coach seemed to be angry about this thought and I finally had to play. Oh! I hated him so much on that particular day. But the next chain of events suddenly made me very grateful towards him. This was the first year MPA had organised a league just like IPL- PBL, Poona Basketball League. Auctions were held and teams were formed and all battle lines were drawn. It was my luck that I played and got selected. My team astonishingly was on a winning steak. We won the finals and I still remember holding that piece of glass which they called a trophy and for us it was everything it could be. Now I felt so grateful towards my coach. It just needed one call to set everything right. I feel proud to be a part of something....... something I would cherish for my life.
-Rugved Bhandwalkar