Thursday, January 16, 2014

Experience And Achievements!

Experience And Achievements!

It was an unbelievable experience and I am thrilled I could do it. Being the only boy of Pune city U-14 age group, wining gold medals in all the three individual events 50, 100, 200 Back stroke gave me a feeling of satisfaction. It was indeed a reward for my hard work and adding to it's gold medal in 4 x 100 Medley relay!

I believe success is down to hard work and perseverance. You have to give your 100% day in and day out. There is no room for compromise. If you want to set the best times and grab medals then you have to put in extra efforts.

It has been hectic but highly satisfying season, "My aim was to stay fully fit, keep up the tempo and swim as fast as I can in all the events. And the fact that I did it, gives me a lot of satisfaction."

I owe my success to-
  • My coach, Manoj Erande Sir- He always made it sure that we enjoy our training sessions and made us continuously challenge ourselves.
  • My Parents, who not only encouraged me but also took care of my diet, my rest and everything needed.
  • My school which is actually very supportive. The Principal of the school has always encouraged all the sports students to pursue their goals. She had give me the permission to miss my lectures for my swimming session in the morning and the teachers also took extra efforts to teach me the portion I had to miss during this period.
being in the National arena, I did not have a lot of friends from all over the state. It was not just swimming but it gave me an opportunity to befriend many swimmers. It helped m increase my friends circle. The list of new friends increased and most of it from other parts of India.

Well, I can just say; "This is just the beginning of a long journey where I have to balance my studies along with swimming." 
-SAHIL JOSHI
(K.H.S. STUDENT)