Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Dear Diary..........

Dear Diary,
         Today was perfect! I woke up at 5:30 as usual and was present before anyone at school for the practice. Something about today was different. Maybe it was the weather. I felt unusually excited at the sight of coach approaching, the usual red whistle around his neck, the tired-looking but grave eyes and the love of my life clutched in his hands-the orange, black striped basketball.
          We did our warm up exercises and laps before starting four matches, one after the other. The thought of school later made my insides churn. But somehow I suffered the day. I had heaps of homework to do. But I had classes back to back and I am too tired and sleepy now, after dinner.
                                                                                                                  -Aditi Chitpur