Monday, January 27, 2014

Dear Diary.......

Dear Diary,
          Today, dad all of a sudden asks me about of my competition and practice. I was taken aback. I had thought of playing it safe for a few days before telling mom and dad the date of the competition. But dad asked me and I told him. Just like I expected. He said that if the times of the examination and the competition coincide, then I am going for the exam. God, I need help! I've been talking to mom and dad, pleading to them. I almost came on the verge of tears at one point! They just don't understand. Coach talked to the principal. She said we could either skip or give our exams later. Coach agreed for the latter one and so did we. But not mom and dad.
          Why don't they understand? Basketball is everything to me. And I am gonna do my career in it. But mom and dad are just impossible! What's so bad in it? Anyways I am not good at academics, even if I can help it. I am so angry right now and don't want to break down. But, mom and dad, I just hope they understand.
                                                                                                                       -Aditi Chitpur